Age UK Calderdale & Kirklees are providing a six week support service to over 50s who are leaving hospital or at risk of hospitalisation, but have not been suffering from COVID-19.
The service is currently funded until the end of September and each package of care can last for up to 6 weeks. It is intended to:
- facilitate an early hospital discharge
- prevent an avoidable hospital admission
- prevent a hospital readmission.
The support can include:
- Settling-in to your home after a stay in hospital
- Keysafe fitting
- Light housework
- Shopping and prescription delivery
- Welfare calls
- Mobility aid recommendations.
Age UK Calderdale & Kirklees will not be able to accept referrals from people who are displaying symptoms of COVID-19; who have been in contact with someone in the last 14 days who has the symptoms of covid-19; or who use aerosol generating equipment.
For more information call 01422 252040 or email email@example.com
For full details of this service, download the poster now.