Here are links to all the important Government guides to benefits.
There’s a massive amount of really useful information on the Department for Work and Pensions’ website, but it can be a little daunting to navigate. To help you get started, here are some really useful links about the many benefits available, who can claim them and how to claim them:
- Pension Credit Pension credit tops up your weekly income if you have reached state pension age. You can also read a summary on our Pension Credit page
- Benefits entitlement Work out what benefits you could be entitled to.
- Disability benefits Includes Disability Living Allowance and Employment and Support Allowance
- Death and benefits Includes Widowed Parent’s Allowance, Bereavement Payment, Funeral Expenses Payment
- Housing benefits
- Winter fuel payment How much you could get and how to claim
- Warm home discount scheme You could get £140 off your electricity bill for winter 2021 to 2022 under the Warm Home Discount Scheme.
- Carer’s Allowance Includes eligibility and affect on other benefits.
- Jobseeker’s Allowance and low income benefits Includes Income Support, Budgeting Loans and Pension Credit
- Tax credits Includes Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, Child Tax Credit and when tax credits stop