- Calderdale CAB (Citizens Advice Bureau): generalist advice and/or guidance and/or signposting on nearly everything ( debt, employment, benefits, consumer, housing, family, law, relationships, immigration, etc). Specialist level advice and guidance in terms of casework on matters such as Debt, Welfare Benefits and Housing. www.calderdalecab.org.uk
- Calderdale and Kirklees Careers Ltd: Provide high quality, impartial careers information, advice and guidance to young people and adults, together with related learning and employment support, and training services. www.workabout.org.uk/
- Calderdale Credit Union: Makes available funds used locally and ethically to help others. Any profits are returned to members as an annual dividend. www.calderdalecreditunion.co.uk
- Calderdale & Kirklees Green Business Network: not-for-profit business support organisation delivering environmental advice, projects and landfill funding principally in West Yorkshire. www.greenbusinessnetwork.org.uk
- Community Transport Calderdale: Community Transport Calderdale aims to provide transport for those residents of Calderdale who cannot access existing forms of transport provision for reasons of ill health, isolation, disability, poverty or social exclusion. We help our members access health appointments, supermarkets and other social events important to them. www.ctcalderdale.co.uk
- Community Foundation for Calderdale: providing grant aid and tailored loans to not-for-profit organisations in Calderdale www.cffc.co.uk
- Cragg Vale Community Association: www.craggvalecommunity.co.uk
- Dodnaze Community Association – Hebden Bridge based with activities for all ages. Calderdale council website listing
- Dot – Communications: Calderdale’s ONLY dedicated, not-for-profit provider of computer support services and solutions. www.dot-communications.co.uk
- Eye On Calderdale Flooding Website – The Community flood resilience website, Eye on Calderdale is Defra funded and aims to increase flood resilience awareness in the borough but also includes up to date information on traffic and transport issues to encourage regular use.
- Fit4Funding: provides access to funding searches, training, research and consultancy services. We work with fundraisers, funding advisers, funders and commissioners. There are additional benefits for West Yorkshire organisations www.fit4funding.org.uk
- Halifax & District Irish Society www.halifaxirishsociety.org.uk
- Halifax Aachen Society The purpose of the Society is to promote and maintain friendship between Halifax and Aachen by fostering exchanges, links and projects to examine issues of mutual interest. www.halifaxaachensociety.co.uk
- Hebden Bridge Community Association: The Town Hall, Hebden Bridge is the first community-owned Town Hall in the north of England and is a symbol of what a community can do when it pulls together with a common ambition and vision. www.hebdenbridgetownhall.org.uk
- Luddendenfoot Community Association www.luddendenfoot.org/
In an Emergency always dial 999.
For Non Emergencies dial 101
Crime stoppers 0800 555 111
- Rural Action Yorkshire: A charity working with communities across Yorkshire to improve the quality of life for the people who live and work there. We provide a voice for rural communities to ensure they receive access to services that will keep them vibrant and viable. www.ruralyorkshire.org.uk
- St. Augustine’s Centre: based on Hanson Lane in Halifax, is a community centre for anyone who needs help, advice or support. Based on the Christian faith which respects and values individuals, the Centre welcomes the vulnerable and cares for all, regardless of faith, ethnicity, background or any other factors: www.staugustinescentrehalifax.org.uk
- Sector Support Calderdale: Sector Support Calderdale is funded by Calderdale Council and managed by the North Bank Forum and is here to support the Voluntary and Community Sector in the Calderdale area. www.sectorsupportcalderdale.org.uk/
- Stoodley Training Mentors: Basic computer training and getting online for absolute beginners frightened by the new digital age. Helping to ‘Cross the Digital Divide’ – www.stoodleytm.org.uk
- Talking Newspaper for Todmorden. News reporting for the benefit of blind and partially-sighted people for over 25 years.
- Voluntary Action Calderdale: Supports local communities throughout our Borough by working with local voluntary and community groups, networks and individuals. www.cvac.org.uk