Calderdale Forum 50 Plus aims to support and represent people aged 50 and over in Calderdale and to promote a collective voice on issues that matter to them. We also highlight information and issues which are useful and important to this age group.
Calderdale Forum 50 Plus’s constitution describes the organisation’s objectives as follows:
- Calderdale Forum 50+ aims to represent and promote the collective voice of people over the age of 50 in Calderdale by a process of :- Communication, Campaigning, Influencing, Encouraging and Empowering
- Representation: to provide a collective, non-political voice for people in Calderdale through representation, consultation and regular gathering of information on needs, opinions and issues.
- Working in Partnership : to provide opportunities to influence statutory, voluntary and community and private sector organisations.
- Information: to provide and link sources of information and advice for people aged 50 and over in Calderdale.
- Communication: to provide opportunities for collaboration and working with local groups.
The Forum shall be an organisation run by and for the benefit of people aged 50+ and over in Calderdale.
The full Constitution is available as a PDF download
Calderdale Forum 50 Plus is funded by Community Foundation for Calderdale, The National Lottery through its Community Fund and Age UK.
The Forum works with local over 50s community and social groups in Calderdale as well as local and national organisations including Age UK Calderdale & Kirklees, VSI Alliance, NHS Calderdale Clinical Commissioning Group and Calderdale Council’s Adult Services & Wellbeing teams to provide information, advice and guidance to the over 50 population of Calderdale.
The Forum has close links to Disability Partnership Calderdale, a registered charity which aims to help disabled people live as independently as possible.