We aim to support and represent people aged 50 and over in Calderdale and to promote a collective voice on issues that matter to them.
For all the key local information for people aged over 50, see our latest newsletter, published 7 September.
Coronavirus Information & Advice
During the Coronavirus outbreak, we’ll be keeping you up to date with the key information and advice for older people, from sources such as the Government, Calderdale Council, the NHS and our useful directory of local companies offering food deliveries.
- NHS – NHS’s key advice on coronavirus – NHS Website
- NHS – NHS’s online 111 Coronavirus service – NHS Website
- NHS – Advice for vulnerable people
- Government – Coronavirus: UK government’s response/advice
- Government – Register if you have a medical condition that makes you extremely vulnerable to coronavirus Start now
- Government – Coronavirus FAQ’s
- Calderdale Council – Advice and support
- Mental Heath – Comprehensive advice & support
- Energy: Energy supply advice
- British Sign Language video updates on Coronavirus
In Focus: Experiences of older age in England
Published on 16 April, the reality of life for older people whose voices can be less often heard is exposed. Read more.
Care Aware Survey
Issues & Concerns Survey
Find out more about the issues, concerns and worries that affect the daily life of older people in Calderdale in our survey or watch the “Changing Times” video below.