Safeguarding Adults

What do you do if you are being abused or you think a relative or friend is being abused?

If you are being abused, or you suspect that someone you know may be the victim of abuse, then contact Calderdale Council’s Gateway to Care as soon as possible. Calderdale Council and its partner agencies take the protection of vulnerable adults very seriously, and will investigate your concerns. Gateway to Care will ensure that any information is passed onto the appropriate team within Adults, Health and Social Care.

Gateway to Care
01422 393000
Other useful links

Other Sources of Information & Help


  • Safeguarding Matters: This site provides a listing of national charities and regulators supporting vulnerable adults.
  • Action on Elder Abuse: Action on Elder Abuse (AEA) works to protect and prevent the abuse of vulnerable older adults.