Welcome to our Cost of Living page, where you will find all the latest money and finance advice to help you through the “cost of living crisis”. Immediately below are some key links to advice and support from the council and the Government. On the right (or further down the page if you on a mobile device), you’ll find the latest news on these issues.
- Calderdale’s Winter 2023-24 Cost of Living Factsheet– full of advice and links to other sources of information.
- Cost of Living Advice: Find help in Calderdale with the following: Money, debt and benefits advice; Electricity, gas and water bills; Children, young people and families; Health and well-being; Employment skills and business support; Food; Housing; Paying your rent; Paying your Council Tax; Tackling poverty in Calderdale
- Council Tax: Pay your bill and more: View your council tax account / Pay your council tax / Help if you’re struggling to pay your council tax bill
- Recognising that people are worried about the cost of living, the government is offering help for households. See what cost of living support you could be eligible for on their dedicated website: costoflivingsupport.campaign.gov.uk/
Our information page listing links to various types of benefit including pension credit.
Independent Money Advice Souces
Scams and fraud awareness
- Avoiding telephone banking scams
Advice from Calderdale Crime Prevention team.
- Scam Awareness and consumer complaints advice from Yorkshire Trading Standards
How to report a scam and get help if I need to complain about a business.
Advice and support from Citizen’s Advice
- Dealing with Debt and money issues
- Help with Budgeting Tools from Citizen’s Advice to help you work out a budget.
- Your employment rights at work Support if you have concerns about your employment contract, working conditions or right to time off work.
Help with your water bills
Yorkshire Water has special tariffs if you are struggling to pay your water bill.
Independent Age Factsheets & Info
This charity produces a lot of useful info, including factsheets and web pages on a range of subjects including:
Webpage: NHS funding for social care| Independent Age.
Download factsheet ‘Continuing Healthcare: Should the NHS be paying for your care?’
If your council arranges care and support for you, you may need to pay towards your care costs: factsheet.