The Alzheimer’s Society has updated their online support services directory for anyone affected by dementia in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Dementia directory is Alzheimer’s Society’s comprehensive, easy-to-use online support services directory for anyone affected by dementia in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
The following services are available to support people through the coronavirus pandemic.
• Live virtual activity groups, such as singing groups, exercise groups specifically for people affected by dementia and mindfulness
• Self-isolation support groups, such as online peer support groups
• Telephone befriending and companionship services
• Home delivery services through established schemes
• Information and advice (such as telephone helplines)
• Live online information programmes (such as falls prevention schemes and dementia information programmes)
• Online support specifically for people affected by dementia, including websites where the service offer is clear, and the content does not cover information already provided on Alzheimer’s Society’s websites
• Courses for people affected by dementia where the course relates to their condition or caring role and is not a one-off event
• Online or telephone services that support people living with mild cognitive impairment
• Online or telephone services relating to comorbidities that are specific to dementia and the other comorbidities (for example, a service that is specific to dementia and Parkinson’s) or a service specifically catering for people with disabilities
Information for organisations
If you are an organisation with an event to promote, we accept listings from all the following:
• Public and statutory bodies
• Private organisations
• Registered charities
• Social enterprises
• Community interest companies
• Individual social group leaders/facilitators registered with appropriate regulatory bodies
If you are unsure about whether you can list your service, please contact our Dementia Directory team email@example.com.