Find out what’s on in Calderdale and Halifax
Keep up-to-date with events in Calderdale and scroll down the page to find classes, social groups and clubs for older people in our In Touch Directory.
If you have an event or activity you want to tell us about, use our Event News form to get in touch. Below we have all the latest news of upcoming events and activities in Calderdale, plus links to the major events and activities providers in the area!
Want to catch up with the latest events news? Sign up for our monthly newsletter
Upcoming Events & Activities
- May – September 2023 Halifax Society for the Blind are starting their very own Walking Group. Walks will be once ...
- Mondays from 17th April: A new Staying Well funded activity programme aimed toward improving men’s health and ...
- Alternate Tuesdays The Daffodil Club has arrived at the Addy in Mixenden, Mixenden Road, Halifax, West ...
- 15th April 2023 Railway Bridge View includes 23 two bedroom and 42 one bedroom apartments – with 60 available for ...
- Calderdale Council runs funded adult cycle training sessions, which cater for all needs on Saturdays at Spring Hall ...
- Venue: St Columba`s Church Hall, Highroad Well Lane, HX2 0QF Everyone is welcome. Come along, meet their friendly team ...
- Halifax Art Society is a friendly, social group of artists who meet weekly in Halifax, West Yorkshire. They run a ...
- Calderdale Music held a first Jam Session in March for local people in the Halifax area who play a musical instrument ...
- Halifax Society For The Blind’s weekly update of their activities is below: Monday 13th March 2023 – 12.30 ...
- Thursdays, From 2 March: As part of their Community Exercise programme, Active Rainbow will hold a new Beginners Keep ...
- Holmfield Park Bowling club are looking for new club members to play in Men’s, Ladies’ & mixed teams or ...
- Monday nights 6:30pm-7:30pm – New walking football sessions are now taking place at The Indoor Football Centre, ...
- 18 March – 2 April: Could you pick up one bag of litter to make a big difference to your local community? ...
- Thursday 16th March is the date for the March Meeting of u3a Todmorden. As usual it will be held in the Central ...
- Saturday May 27th – Following the success of last October’s afternoon tea, The Maurice Jagger Centre in Halifax ...
- Between 20th and 30th March, Calderdale Adult Learning have their annual “Weeks of Wellbeing”, which are ...
- 18 & 19 March, 10am – 4pm, at the Piece Hall, Halifax. The Makers Market will have 40 stalls of tempting local ...
- From 11 March: A Hat for all Seasons Opening 11th March 2023 in Bankfield Museum’s Link Gallery, Celebrating all ...
- A lecture Presented by Roger Butler, in association with The Arts Society, Halifax – Square Chapel Tuesday 9th ...
- Snake Davis Band – Square Chapel Friday 21st April Snake Davis brings his 4 piece band, with guitar, bass guitar ...
- Every Tuesday from 10am till noon, there’s a table tennis session for older people at Todmorden’s Learning ...
- A Festival of Popular Film Music is presented by Halifax Symphony Orchestra Saturday at Square Chapel, in Halifax, on ...
- Enjoy Community Hub is based at Tenterfields Business Park, Luddendenfoot (postcode HX2 6EQ) where there is a Community ...
- Wakefield’s ‘Scooter Social Group’ is aimed at anybody who uses a mobility scooter or motorised ...
- Calderdale Music’s Senior Citizens’ Orchestra rehearse every Tuesday afternoon at 2pm St Jude’s Church, Halifax ...
Venues & Event Info Links
Calderdale Council’s Leisure & Culture Services
What’s on in Calderdale
Sport & Fitness
Book fitness activities and classes at the Council’s leisure facilities or find out about memberships.
Apply for a passport to leisure
For use at leisure facilities owned by Calderdale Council.
Book a sports pitch
Football and rugby pitches available to book across Calderdale.
Museums & Galleries
Find out about Bankfield Museum, Shibden Hall and the Smith Art Gallery in Brighouse.
Venues in Calderdale
Find out about council-owned venues for your events including town or civic halls, the Shay Stadium, Clay House, the register office, library meeting rooms and Shibden Hall.
For news of concerts and gigs, festivals, family events and everything else that’s happening in Calderdale. Browse their events guide to discover what’s on today, what’s on this weekend, and more things to do this month.
What’s On Halifax
This website lists events in Halifax and surrounding areas and has an event search facility.
Halifax Heritage Festival
Runs each year during September with events across the town at historic venues including Calderdale Industrial Museum, The Piece Hall, Halifax Minster, All Souls Church at Haley Hill and Dean Clough.
A variety of events take place in our Minster including free organ concerts on occasional Thursdays at 1pm. See the Minster website for more details.
The Piece Hall
Events take place throughout the year in this magnificent former cloth hall dating from 1779. Find out more about it history, explore the shops and relax in the cafes and bars. Opening hours can change throughout the year, so best to check the website before visiting.
Find out more about its heritage
Calderdale Industrial Museum, Halifax
Re-opened and run almost entirely by volunteer enthusiasts who believe that the industrial heritage of Calderdale should be preserved and shared with everyone, the museum houses a special collection representing the wide variety of industries that developed in Calderdale in the last 250 years.
The library service runs events throughout the year with something for everyone. Events include photography workshops, reader’s groups, local history and more… Find out more
Learn to play and enjoy music with Calderdale Music Trust
The Trust offers music lessons for adults, instrument hire and room hire from their stunning town centre premises at The Old Court House, Halifax. Find out more.
- Elland Rex elland.nm-cinemas.co.uk/
- Hebden Bridge Picture House www.hebdenbridgepicturehouse.co.uk/
- Vue Halifax www.myvue.com/latest-movies/cinema/halifax
- Odeon Huddersfield Odeon Huddersfield.
- Dean Clough (Cinema, Theatre, Music, Gallery etc) www.deanclough.com/
- Halifax Playhouse Owned and run by the Halifax Thespians. www.halifaxplayhouse.org.uk/
- Hebden Bridge Little Theatre Website
- Square Chapel Trust. A thriving venue bringing you the best in live music, theatre, dance, comedy, family shows, musicals, lectures, workshops, art classes, Youth Theatre. www.squarechapel.co.uk
- Viaduct Theatre, Dean Clough, Halifax theviaducttheatre.co.uk/shows-tickets/
- Victoria Theatre, Halifax. www.victoriatheatre.co.uk
- The Hippodrome Theatre, Todmorden is owned and run by Todmorden Amateur Operatic and Dramatic Society. Visit the website.
Music and other venues
- The Grayston Unity is an independent bar at Wesley Court near the Town Hall in Halifax. During the week and on occasional Sundays there is music including a Jazz club. They hold regular talks nights (on social, cultural, history, sport and music topics) and a poetry slam night, spoken word festival, a monthly music quiz night, outdoor cinema in the backyard and the occasional bit of theatre. See their Facebook page for event details.
- The Blind Pig is a bar and Music Venue at Tower Hill in Sowerby Bridge with live music and a speakeasy style bar.
- Hebden Bridge Trades Club on Holme Street, Hebden is a socialist members cooperative, club, bar and music venue in Hebden Bridge, West Yorkshire. Built in 1924 as a joint enterprise by half a dozen local trade unions & brought back to life in 1982.
- Halifax Symphony Orchestra hold concerts at the Square Chapel. Find out more or become a supporter.
- Halifax Philharmonic Club also hold concerts at the Square Chapel. See their programme.
- Todmorden Orchestra hold concerts at Todmorden Town Hall. See more.
To add your venue details, to our directory, use our Event News form to get in touch.
Find Health, wellbeing and fitness classes
Find Friendship groups and coffee mornings
Find Hobby and Special Interest groups
You can download this very useful What’s On Where (WOW) Guide to activities and social groups in Calderdale this Summer for older adults, published by homecare company Home Instead.
WOW Guide_SpringandSummer2022_easyread version
Connect to our info & advice hubs