Our 9th pub quiz contains lots of fun questions on five different themes.
If you fancy your chances with your knowledge of Yorkshire, Wimbledon (it was July when we put this one together), food, drink and advertising slogans, then you’re in for a treat.
Here are the questions. Scroll down for the answers.
- Which counties border Yorkshire?
- How many of the world famous Betty’s Tearooms are there in Yorkshire? And where are they located?
- How many steps lead up to Whitby Abbey?
- 169 / 199 / 234 / 259
- Which river passes through Leeds city centre?
- Which Yorkshire actress was made a dame in 1988?
- Wakefield, Morley and Rothwell all form part of what?
- Which Yorkshire cheese do Wallace & Gromit enjoy?
- Which one of these players won their first Wimbledon when they were 16-years old?
a. Maria Sharapova
b. Anna Kournikova
c. Venus Williams
d. Martina Hingis
2. Which player is married to former Wimbledon champion Andre Agassi?
a. Steffi Graf
b. Sue Barker
c. Martina Hingis
d. Anna Kournikova
3. How many courts are used during the Wimbledon tournament and how many are never used for games other than Wimbledon?
4. In 2012, Andy Murray was involved in the latest completed match at Wimbledon, what time did it end?
a. 9:02 pm
b. 10:02 pm
c. 11:02 pm
5. Name the official still soft drink supplier to Wimbledon?
6. How many times has John McEnroe won the mens’ singles title?
7. Who did Bjorn Borg beat to win his first singles title in 1976?
a. Jimmy Connors
b. Ilie Nastase
c. Roscoe Tanner
Name the product or brand represented by these famous slogans:
- Let your fingers do the walking
- The Ultimate Driving Machine
- Central Heating for Kids
- Once you pop, you can’t stop
- Live in your world, play in ours
- Happiness is a cigar called….
Name the best selling lager in the UK in 2019?
c. Stella Artois
What is the top selling zero alcohol beer – again in 2019?
b. Becks Blue
c. Budweiser Prohibition
d. Heineken Zero
Which continental bottled beer (lager) saw sales increase by 37% last year?
Which spirit alcohol brand is marketed (the maker) as Tennessee Honey?
What is the most popular white grape variety in the UK?
a. Pinot Grigio
b. Sauvignon Blanc
How much duty do you pay on a standard sized bottle of wine (750 ml)
Identify the following food dishes and name the country of origin for each.
And now scroll down for the answers…
- Durham to the north, Westmorland to the northwest, Lancashire to the west, Cheshire and Derbyshire to the southwest, and Nottinghamshire and Lincolnshire to the southeast.
- 6 – Harrogate, York (2), Ilkley, Harlow Carr, Northallerton
- Dame Judy Dench
- The rhubarb triangle
- Martina Hingis
- Steffi Graf
- 19 and 2 (centre and No. 1)
- 3 (81,83,84)
- Ilie Nastase
- Yellow pages
- Ready Brek
- Sony Play Station
- Becks Blue
- Birra Moretti
- Jack Daniels
- Pinot Grigio
- 297 pence per litre (3/4) = 223 pence.
- Chicken Korma – India
- Sticky toffee pudding – England
- Gingerbread – Greece
- Sauerkraut – Germany
- Sausage rolls – France
- Meatballs – Sweden
- Dumplings – China
- Burritos – Mexico
- Neeps and tatties – Scotland
- Clam chowder – America