Here is our list of Calderdale and Yorkshire-wide venues and facilities with links to each website.
Calderdale libraries reopening
Halifax Central Library has been open from 10 August. Todmorden and Brighouse Libraries opened on Wednesday 9 September and Hebden Bridge, King Cross and Sowerby Bridge Libraries opened on Wednesday 16 September.
- You will be able to:
- return books/items currently on loan;
- collect items ordered through the library reservation service;
- use our Select and Collect service (More information is available on our Library portal).
- Opening hours will be 10am to 4pm from Monday to Saturday.
No fines will be issued until further notice and lenders have until 30 September to return all borrowed items.
The home library service is still available to the vulnerable and elderly and the FREE online library service is available to all. Read more…
You can email: email@example.com for more information about the service.
Theatres and cinemas
The government is working with the national arts sector on pilots of performances with socially distanced audiences in theatres and music venues. Indoor theatres, music and performance venues have been planning for a reopening in the Autumn, but you will need to check with each following the latest increased lockdown restrictions in West Yorkshire.
Bradford Alhambra is now taking bookings for shows from 9 November onwards with some shows rescheduled from this month due to the local lockdown. Shows include comedy and musicals. Waitress, the musical is to open its UK wide tour on 1 May at the Alhambra. Find out more…
The Victoria Theatre, Halifax is still planning to reopen on 5 October, starting with Buddy Holly & the Cricketers – rescheduled from March. Find out more on their website.
The Lawrence Batley Theatre, Huddersfield is now open on Saturday’s with a variety of local acts channelling The Good Old Days and Sunday Night at the Palladium. Ticket prices from £0 to £15 and they have put safety measures in place. Find out more here.
The Elland Rex is planning to reopen soon and has spruced up the venue while closed. Here more from owner, Charles Morris in this video clip on Facebook.
The Vue Cinema Halifax has reopened and is showing a number of films – find out more here.
The Odeon Huddersfield is now open and showing a full schedule of films.
Hebden Bridge Picture house is closed but is still hoping to open for their film festival from 25 to 27 September.
The Square Chapel is closed after the centre went into administration in March.
To add your venue details, to our directory, use our Event News form to get in touch.
- Cinema – Elland Rex elland.nm-cinemas.co.uk/
- Cinema – Hebden Bridge Picture House www.hebdenbridgepicturehouse.co.uk/
- Cinema – Vue Halifax www.myvue.com/latest-movies/cinema/halifax
- Cinema – Odeon Huddersfield.
- Dean Clough (Cinema, Theatre, Music, Gallery etc) www.deanclough.com/
- Halifax Playhouse Owned and run by the Halifax Thespians. www.halifaxplayhouse.org.uk/
- Hebden Bridge Little Theatre Website
- Square Chapel Trust A thriving venue bringing you the best in live music, theatre, dance, comedy, family shows, musicals, lectures, workshops, art classes, Youth Theatre. www.squarechapel.co.uk
- Viaduct Theatre, Dean Clough, Halifax www.deanclough.com/arts/theatre.asp
- Victoria Theatre, Halifax. www.victoriatheatre.co.uk
Music and other venues
- The Blind Pig. Bar and Music Venue, Sowerby Brideg: www.theblind-pig.co.uk/
- Hebden Bridge Trades Club Music venue www.thetradesclub.com/
- Libraries www.calderdale.gov.uk/leisure/libraries/
- Home Library Service – a free service offered to anyone living in Calderdale who is unable to visit their local library and who does not have anyone who can visit on their behalf. You may apply for the service if ill-health, disability, age or frailty mean that you are unable to visit a library. Call 01422 288062 or email HomeLibraryService@calderdale.gov.uk