Here is our list of Calderdale and Yorkshire-wide venues and facilities with links to each website.
All cinemas and theatres are currently closed due to coronavirus. The home and online library service is operating – scroll down for more details.
The Grayston Unity music venue in Halifax reopens on Saturday 4 July. With outdoor seating and standing only allowed, the music venue has put safety measures in place and has been given extra space on the Town Hall terrace. Opening Thursdays through Sundays. Full details here.
The Days Out Yorkshire website has published some ideas for visiting those Yorkshire’s beauty spots, which remain open to the public. Remember to keep to social distancing guidelines.
Yorkshire Wildlife Park reopens
The park reopened on 16 June with online booking only and three arrival slots: 9.am, 11.30am and 2pm. Find out more, or to book online go to the YWP website.
To add your venue details, to our directory, use our Event News form to get in touch.
- Cinema – Elland Rex elland.nm-cinemas.co.uk/
- Cinema – Hebden Bridge Picture House www.hebdenbridgepicturehouse.co.uk/
- Cinema – Vue Halifax www.myvue.com/latest-movies/cinema/halifax
- Dean Clough (Cinema, Theatre, Music, Gallery etc) www.deanclough.com/
- Halifax Playhouse Owned and run by the Halifax Thespians. www.halifaxplayhouse.org.uk/
- Hebden Bridge Little Theatre Website
- Square Chapel Trust A thriving venue bringing you the best in live music, theatre, dance, comedy, family shows, musicals, lectures, workshops, art classes, Youth Theatre. www.squarechapel.co.uk
- Viaduct Theatre, Dean Clough, Halifax www.deanclough.com/arts/theatre.asp
- Victoria Theatre, Halifax. www.victoriatheatre.co.uk
Music and other venues
- The Blind Pig. Bar and Music Venue, Sowerby Brideg: www.theblind-pig.co.uk/
- Hebden Bridge Trades Club Music venue www.thetradesclub.com/
- Libraries www.calderdale.gov.uk/leisure/libraries/
- Home Library Service – a free service offered to anyone living in Calderdale who is unable to visit their local library and who does not have anyone who can visit on their behalf. You may apply for the service if ill-health, disability, age or frailty mean that you are unable to visit a library. Call 01422 288062 or email HomeLibraryService@calderdale.gov.uk