Here you will find a list of Calderdale groups, societies and community associations which offer activities for older people and the over 50’s.
To find out what is planned as the lockdown eases, use the contact details below.
If you have a group or society you want to tell us about, use our Event News form to get in touch.
- Memory Lane Cafes are back with meetings planned in October. Find out more about the events coming up and the online and volunteer support available to people with dementia and their friends. Read more…
- CREW Heart Support Group. For people wishing to improve their health to reduce the risks of circulatory and heart disease. Website. Walks restarted in August. Find out more here.
- Singing for the Brain sessions from The Alzheimer’s Society run weekly on Wednesdays from 4pm to 5pm. The sessions use Zoom but can also be accessed by telephone if individuals do not have access to or are comfortable with the relevant technology/internet. Find out more and see a live singing event
List of Calderdale groups & societies
- Halifax Aachen Society The purpose of the Society is to promote and maintain friendship between Halifax and Aachen by fostering exchanges, links and projects to examine issues of mutual interest. www.halifaxaachensociety.co.uk
- Halifax Antiquarian Society Website
- Halifax Concert Band www.halifaxconcertband.co.uk
- Halifax & District Irish Society www.halifaxirishsociety.org.uk
- Hebden Bridge Camera Club – always open to new members of all ages: www.hebdenbridgecc.co.uk
- Hipperholme & Lightcliffe Art Society www.handlas.co.uk
- Phoenix Radio: volunteer run local radio station for Calderdale – www.phoenixfm.co.uk/
- Rotary Club (Halifax) www.rotary-ribi.org/clubs/homepage.php?ClubID=197
- Todmorden Amateur Operatic And Dramatic Society www.todhip.org
- Todmorden Orchestra www.todmordenorchestra.org.uk
- Tuesday 2 o’clock club. Based at Stones Cricket Club in Ripponden and meeting at least monthly between 2 and 4pm, the group aims to help people who are suffering from loneliness and isolation. https://cffc.co.uk/tuesday-2-oclock-club/
- University of the Third Age, Todmorden. Over 400 members run 30 groups ranging from Philosophy to Scrabble, French to Table Tennis. The monthly meeting is third Thursday of the month at 13:45, Central Methodists in Todmorden, is regularly attended by over 100 people and always has an invited speaker, tea and good company. www.u3atod.org.uk