Here you will find a list of Calderdale groups, societies and community associations which offer activities for older people and the over 50’s.
To find out what is planned as the lockdown eases, use the contact details below.
If you have a group or society you want to tell us about, use our Event News form to get in touch.
- CREW Heart Support Group. For people wishing to improve their health to reduce the risks of circulatory and heart disease. Website. Walks restart this August. Find out more here.
- Halifax Antiquarian Society Website
- Halifax Concert Band www.halifaxconcertband.co.uk
- Hebden Bridge Camera Club – always open to new members of all ages: www.hebdenbridgecc.co.uk
- Hipperholme & Lightcliffe Art Society www.handlas.co.uk
- Phoenix Radio: volunteer run local radio station for Calderdale – www.phoenixfm.co.uk/
- Todmorden Amateur Operatic And Dramatic Society www.todhip.org
- Todmorden Orchestra www.todmordenorchestra.org.uk
- University of the Third Age, Todmorden. Over 400 members run 30 groups ranging from Philosophy to Scrabble, French to Table Tennis. The monthly meeting is third Thursday of the month at 13:45, Central Methodists in Todmorden, is regularly attended by over 100 people and always has an invited speaker, tea and good company. www.u3atod.org.uk
- Rotary Club (Halifax) www.rotary-ribi.org/clubs/homepage.php?ClubID=197
- Halifax & District Irish Society www.halifaxirishsociety.org.uk
- Halifax Aachen Society The purpose of the Society is to promote and maintain friendship between Halifax and Aachen by fostering exchanges, links and projects to examine issues of mutual interest. www.halifaxaachensociety.co.uk