Start: The Space, Burnsall Road, Field Lane HD3 3JT
- Start: From the Space @ Field Lane, turn left and follow Burnsall Road to the junction with Sherburn Road.
- Turn right onto Sherburn Road.
- Just before the first houses on the left, turn left on to a path. Go through a gap in the low wall, by the red bin and cross the first field.
- By the large metal gate, turn right onto the clear path across the fields to your right.
- Look out for the metal “kissing” gate – pass through this.
- Make sure you follow the path bearing off to the right after the gate.
- Follow this path as it gets funnelled between green metal fences.
- Cross a children’s playground, next to the school on your right.
- Emerge on to the road, signposted “Oaklands” next to Rastrick High School and turn right. Follow Field Top Road (which becomes Holly Bank Road).
- At the junction at the top, opposite the Co-op, turn left.
- Then turn first right onto Malham Avenue.
- At the end of Malham Avenue, turn left onto Burnsall Road, which you then follow until your return to the Space @ Field Lane. Why not pop in for a hot drink or a snack?
- This route may be muddy after heavy rain and is not suitable for wheelchair users.
- A 30 minute walk at a typical adult walking pace.
Maps & Route Guides
To help you enjoy the three walks, we have developed a leaflet with maps of each walk and detailed step-by-step route directions. You can pick up a copy at the Space @ Field Lane, or download a copy here to print at home: Download Leaflet