Healthwatch Kirklees and Healthwatch Calderdale have launched a new engagement project focused on understanding how women and girls over the age of 16 manage their health and wellbeing. The initiative aims to shed light on the challenges women* face, their confidence levels in self-care, and their ideas for what’s needed to help them maintain good health and wellbeing.
Here’s what they say about the engagement and its aims:
Healthwatch Kirklees recognises that every woman's health and wellbeing journey is unique, and we believe that by understanding your experiences, we can work together with the NHS and health and social care services to shape a future where all women feel supported and empowered in their self-care efforts.
In just one week since the survey launched Healthwatch has heard from over 50 women and their feedback highlights just how diverse their needs are as well as how lack of time and low motivation caused by stress can be a barrier to women’s personal wellbeing. Women’s persistence and resilience are testament to how they overcome these barriers with over 60% of women feeling that they do everything they can to improve and maintain their health.
Healthwatch invites women across Kirklees and Calderdale to share their thoughts and health and wellbeing experiences. It’s quick and easy to share your experiences and your feedback gives health and social care service managers the information they need to make changes everyone in our community will benefit from.
Women can talk to Healthwatch about:
- Health Management: How are women currently managing their health and wellbeing?
- Confidence Levels: How confident do women feel in their ability to self-care effectively?
- Ideas for Support: What do women think is needed to help them look after their health and wellbeing?
Taking part is easy:
- Just click on the link below and let your thoughts be heard.
- Prefer to chat on the phone? Call the friendly Healthwatch team on Kirklees 01924 450 379 or
Calderdale 01422 412 141
- Or send your views via email to email@example.com
- Join in by sharing your self-care secrets with the Healthwatch women by sending your
‘prescriptions’ for winter wellness to Helen at firstname.lastname@example.org