Advice: Can I protect my assets if I need care?

The Charity, Independent Age, has produced a really helpful factsheet that look at the issues surrounding paying for care.

Can I protect my assets if I need care?

If your council arranges care and support for you, you may need to pay towards your care costs. You might be tempted to spend your money or give away property to reduce the amount you have to pay. But be careful – this could affect your entitlement to council funding.

•    what you may, or may not be able to do with your assets if you need help to pay for your care
•    what happens if you transfer your property, spend large sums of money, or do anything else to protect your assets before moving into a care home or using other care services.

Read More and download the factsheet on their website

%d bloggers like this: