This is the latest advice from West Yorkshire Police:
During the Summer months there tends to be an increase in insecure and sneak-in Burglary offences across the Calderdale District, with Suspects entering properties via open windows and unlocked doors.
We will continue to conduct proactive and targeted high visibility patrols across the area.
Please follow our check list to improve your home security.
- Keep all windows and doors closed and locked, open windows and doors provide easy access to burglars.
- Keep your car keys in a safe place and not on show, one of the main motivations for burglars breaking into your home are for your car keys. If you have a keyless entry car, a quality ‘Faraday’ bag that blocks the keys’ signal is a great way to protect your vehicle from ‘relay ignition devices’ preventing theft of your vehicle.
- Keep valuables away and out of view through a window, especially at night.
- Having internal lights and external dusk till dawn lighting can reduce the risk of being burgled.
- You can grow your own security with defensive planting such as hardy bushes and shrubs.
For more crime prevention advice please visit: https:// www.westyorkshire.police.uk/ burglary