Events & Activities Across Calderdale
Home care company, Home Instead has published its Spring & Summer 2023 What’s On Where (WOW) Guide to Calderdale. The guide is aimed at helping older people find things to do and get out and about this summer in Calderdale.
With over 170 groups, classes and clubs listed, it contains a huge variety of activities and social opportunities taking place across Halifax, Brighouse, Hebden Bridge, Sowerby Bridge and Todmorden.
Included are arts & crafts clubs, fitness classes, dancing, men’s sheds, coffee mornings, friendship groups and historical societies. For older people, whatever their interest or wherever they live in Calderdale, they will be able to find something to do, every day of the week.
The Home Instead WOW guide is divided into five clearly labelled sections: Hobbies, Clubs & Societies; Health & Wellbeing; Social Groups; Support Groups and Membership Clubs. Also included are contact numbers for key support services in Calderdale and information about choosing home care.
Pick Up A Copy
The WOW guide is available from:
- The Discover Halifax Hub and the Age UK Mobility Shop both in the Halifax Woolshops
- The Maurice Jagger Centre, Halifax
- Brighouse Rest Centre
- All libraries in Calderdale
- The Home Instead office in Elland.
- It can also be picked up from some supermarkets, libraries, GP surgeries, churches, community centres and sports clubs
- Download a copy from the Home Instead website.
You can also call into the Home Instead office or send an A5 or A4 size stamped addressed envelope to Home Instead, 14-16 Southgate, Elland HX5 0BW. You can also contact them on 01422 292424 or email email@example.com for an emailed version.