Halifax Society For The Blind’s weekly update of their activities is below:
- Monday 13th March 2023 – 12.30 pm –14.30 pm Brighouse Group – friendly gathering of people with sight loss, friends and family for social chat, information, and games.
- Tuesday 14th March 2023 11.00am -12.00 noon – Zoom Group Different activities each week – Tech information, Guest Speakers, quizzes, information chats and workshops.
- Wednesday 15th March 2023 – 2.15pm – 3.45pm at the Maurice Jagger Centre friendly gathering of people with sight loss, friends and family for a social chat information and games.
- Wednesday 15th March 2023 – 11.00am – 12.00 noon – Guide Dog Owners Group at the Good Mood Café Commercial Street Halifax – A chance for current past, and potential guide dog owners to catch up and share their experiences.
- Thursday 16th March 2023 11.30am – 12.30pm Fun & Games via Zoom – with quizzes and games, keep yourself fit for fun. Bring your own cuppa!
- Friday 17th March 2023 10am – 10.25am Chairobics via Zoom – 25-minute gentle seated exercise session for all ages and abilities.
To join, one of our zoom sessions you can use one of these options:
On a computer or smartphone, click this link https://zoom.us/j/9683947679 or On any phone, dial 0131 460 1196, then enter the meeting ID 968 394 7679, then press #. If asked for a participant ID just press # again and you’re in! or Save the one tap mobile below exactly as shown onto your smartphone and use it to dial in each time to join our Zoom sessions on the phone 01314601196, 9683947679# Join Zoom sessions by clicking here
Up and coming events
Following its Winter break the LEO Group (Local Eating Out Group) is resuming its regular monthly meetings. The first meeting is on Thursday 16th March 2023, 6.30pm, at Julio’s in Halifax. The group meet at 6.30pm on the 3rd Thursday of every month from March to October, at a local venue to share a love of eating out and socialising. The venue for the next outing is chosen by the group at the end of each meeting. All members are welcome so if you are interested in joining the group, please contact the office on 01422 352383 for further information.
Walking Group – We are pleased to announce that we will be starting up our very own Walking Group. Walks will take place once a month with the first one taking place on Tuesday 16th May at Ogden Water (time to be confirmed).
If you would like to join us on, please contact the office to book your place and get further details – call 01422 352383