After your home, buying a vehicle is your second biggest purchase. So why not make it as secure as possible? In recent weeks there have been a number of thefts from insecure vehicles across Calderdale. West Yorkshire Police have issued the following check list to help you keep you vehicle and its contents secure:
Please check the below points and make your vehicle as secure as possible.
• Have you left your valuables on display? If so, ideally they should be removed from the vehicle, or locked in the boot or some part of the vehicle where they are invisible to a passer-by.
• Check that your car windows are closed, even if you’re leaving the car for a few minutes.
• Have you heard the locking noise? Have the lights flashed? Don’t assume your vehicle has locked when using a key fob. Pull the door handle to make sure.
• Are your number plates fitted with security/tamper proof screws?
• Van owners – where possible consider removing tools and machinery from your van overnight.
If you require any further information please don’t hesitate to contact the Crime Prevention Team at calderdalecpo@westyorkshire.