West Yorkshire Police’s Easy Street campaign is highlighting poor home security and offering some quick and simple tips to make your house more secure.
Think about your own home. Is it inviting for all the wrong reasons?
Follow their check list to improve your home security :
- Insecure doors and windows, it’s easy to forget to lock up when you’re in a rush
- Protect your valuables inside your home by keeping them out of sight
- Check your doors and windows meet minimum security standards of PAS 24
- You can grow your own security with defensive planting such as hardy bushes and shrubs
- Internal lights and external dusk till dawn lighting can reduce the risk of being burgled