Cartwheel Community Centre has been included within the Future High Streets Programme for full refurbishment to provide a fit for purpose community Hub for the people of Elland.
After supporting Cartwheel over previous years, a number of existing members of the Management Committee of the Charity have expressed a wish to step down. To take the vision for the centre forward we are looking to recruit up to 12 people to join the committee.
A number have already come forward and we are welcoming further expressions of interest from anyone who would to like to be involved. We are looking for committed individuals with a range of skills to join the Management Committee:
- Providing leadership and direction
- Implementing the Governance of the charity
- Carrying out the Charity aims to provide a community facility for the benefit of Elland
- Making decisions, managing resources and ensuring accountability for the above
This opportunity is open to anyone with ideas, energy and enthusiasm who like to help to run a community facility for the community of Elland but we are particularly keen to hear from those with leadership, communication, social media, web, fund raising, bid writing and project management skills.
As part of the process will be looking to appoint new members to key roles in the committee:
Leading the committee and the organisation to enable it to fulfil its purpose.
- To ensure an effective relationship between:
o the committee and the staff/volunteers
o the committee and the external stakeholders/community
- Acting as a spokesperson and figurehead as appropriate.
- Oversee the financial affairs of the organisation and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice.
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures are in place.
- Monitor and report on the financial health of the organisation.
- Oversee the production of necessary financial reports/returns, accounts and audits.
- To ensure that committee meetings are properly administered and minuted
- Maintaining up to date membership records
- Monitor committee action points.
- Act as chair for a sub-group as required
Once we have received all expressions of interest an Extraordinary General Meeting will then take place shortly after to co-opt the new members and a new chair, treasurer and secretary will be appointed.
If you would like to be involved in taking forward this exciting opportunity, please email email@example.com by the 9th December 2022.