Calderdale Employment Hub is offering a fantastic opportunity to get into Health and Social care and receive a gateway qualification without any previous experience.
They’re holding a 5-day sector-based academy aimed at people without experience in social care but who may have transferable skills. The course will include values and attitude in social care, discrimination and safeguarding, ICT key skills.
Once complete, all attendees will be put forward for an interview with Welcome Independent Living for a Homecare Assistant role.
The course will take place at Calderdale Adult Learning, Heath campus, Halifax starting 11th July.
To register your place, email firstname.lastname@example.org
About the role
Role: Homecare Assistant
Employer: Welcome Independent Living
Hours: Flexible Hours (to include early mornings, late evenings, and weekends)
Salary: Under 23 £8.50 per hour + travel time and mileage if a driver, over 23 £9.50 per hour + travel time and mileage if a driver.
Applicants do not need to have a driving license or access to their own transport.
- Encourage customers to take control of how they choose to live their life using a person-centred approach.
- Assist with personal care and support as required (to both male and female customers)
- Follow and implement customers care and support plans.
- Monitor and record the administration of medication as per prescribed by the customers GP.
- Assist in the planning of recreational / social / vocational / educational events and activities, supporting the customer as necessary during such activities.
- Maintain accurate records in accordance with policy and procedure.
For more info about the role, email email@example.com