Please find below a link to the public website covering the huge project of reconfiguration of Calderdale and Huddersfield’s hospital services
- Both hospitals sites will provide 24/7 A&E services and day-case, outpatient and diagnostic services
- The A&E at CRH will receive all blue light emergency ambulances. Patients requiring acute inpatient admission will be transferred by ambulance from HRI to CRH.
- Acute adult and paediatric inpatient medical services, intensive care services, emergency surgery and paediatric surgery will be provided at CRH.
- Midwifery services will be provided at both hospitals. Consultant led obstetrics and neo-natal care will be provided at CRH.
- Planned surgery will be provided at HRI. Patients that require complex planned surgery requiring access to ICU will be treated at CRH.
- ‘Step-down’ physician-led inpatient care will be provided at HRI
- The total number of hospital beds will remain broadly as they are now.
The Benefits of Service Reconfiguration
- Patient Safety
- Workforce Resilience and Wellbeing
- Learning from the Pandemic included in Designs
- Support reduction in carbon use and emissions
- Estate Safety & Reduce Backlog Maintenance
- Support Economic Regeneration and Social Value
- Improve Financial Efficiency and Sustainability
- Modern state of the art environment for patients and colleagues
The Timeline and Next Steps
- HRI A&E in construction due to complete August 2023
- New MSCP at CRH construction to commence 2023 and complete by 2024
- New Learning Centre at CRH to commence 2022 and complete by 2023
- Commence Construction of New Clinical Build CRH in 2024
- Complete Construction at CRH by 2026
- Transition and Benefits from 2027