Here’s a summary of Stage 2 of the Halifax Bus Station redevelopment.
Following the partial closure of Halifax Bus Station last month to enable construction work to start on a new £17.7m facility, the next stage of the scheme began on Saturday 2 October. There has been some bus stand changes within the station. The map on the WY Metro website shows the new temporary locations of the stands.
Details of all services affected by the partial closure can also be found on the Metro website or by calling 0113 245 7676 for travel information.
- The bus station was partially closed from Sunday 05 September, to allow for the construction works to start;
- Public posters / leaflets have been placed on display at the bus station, on stops in the town centre, some public buildings and on buses from this weekend.
- The updated bus services information is also available on HalifaxBusStationWorks | Metro (wymetro.com).
- There’s more information on the project on our website Halifax Bus Station redevelopment – Combined Authority | Unlocking potential, accelerating growth (westyorks-ca.gov.uk)
- From Sunday 05 September, for at least one week, there will be additional staff at Halifax Bus Station and also around the town centre (Market St and Commercial St) to help redirect customers.