West Yorkshire Trading Standards Scam and Frauds workshops and training are currently being delivered live and online and can be booked as a one off or a series. The same workshops can be delivered more than once to different groups and evening workshops can be accommodated. Workshop/ Training settings are informal to encourage conversation and questions between participants.
If you would like to discuss this or arrange workshops please do not hesitate to contact Safina on T: 0113 535 0198 | E: Safina.Sher@wyjs.org.uk
SCAMS & FRAUDS WORKSHOP 1hr
- Aim: To make residents aware of the most common types of scams and frauds in circulation, how to avoid them and where to report them to.
- Content: An Interactive workshop focusing on the most common scams in circulation covering social media, online, phone, text, email and postal scams. We shine a light on scam tactics and share tips on how to protect yourself and others.
DOORSTEP CRIME WORKSHOP 1hr
- Aim: To give residents key advice and top tips on dealing with rogue traders, distraction burglary, and bogus callers.
- Content: An Interactive workshop with varying doorstep scenarios identifying simple key strategies for dealing with bogus callers, rogue traders and other unwanted callers. Also includes information about Cold Calling Control Zones.
CONSUMER SAVVY WORKSHOP 1hr
- Aim: To give residents key advice and top tips on how to spot counterfeit and unsafe goods and we explore the risks, dangers and consequences of the fake market.
- Content: Can you spot a fake? An Interactive workshop exploring the counterfeit market, helping participants make informed choices when purchasing goods. We also look at some of the risks, dangers and consequences of the fake market.
SAVVY SAVINGS WORKSHOP 1hr
- Aim: To enhance residents key skills for budgeting, providing money saving tips and how to avoid high cost credit. We explain APR and compare loans as well as provide information about how to live healthily on a budget.
- Content: The session is fun and interactive, allowing participants to share their cost savings tips, we explain APR, compare the costs of food brands and also explain loan shark activity and money muling.
ENERGY SAVVY WORKSHOP 1hr
- Aim: To encourage residents to think about their energy usage, how to try and reduce their monthly bills and practical tips on how to look for the best genuine deals on the market.
- Content: An Interactive myth busting ‘True or False’ challenge looking at energy wastage and
appliances, as well as practical energy and money saving tips.
PARTNER TRAINING 2hrs (can be split into 2 x 1hr sessions)
- Aim: To educate professionals to spot the signs that a person maybe the victim of a scam, where to signpost, how to safeguard and work in partnership with West Yorkshire Trading Standards. This training session will provide you with information that you can apply to both your Professional and Personal lives.
- Content: Explaining different types of scams, tell-tale signs that a person may be a victim of a scam, tactics used by cold-callers (over the phone and on your doorstep), how to safeguard victims, how West Yorkshire Trading Standards can help, further action to safeguard residents in your locality.
West Yorkshire Trading Standards