The Government has issues guidance is for directors of public health, care providers and others who will be involved in planning to enable visits to care homes.
While it’s quite detailed, if you have a relative in a Care Home and want to understand the process of visiting them, this guidance might be quite useful.
It sets out:
- an overview of the visiting practices supported by this guidance
- advice for providers when establishing their visiting policy
- advice for providers when taking visiting decisions for particular residents or groups of residents
- advice on delivering safe visiting, with and without testing
- information on visiting in exceptional circumstances such as end of life