Calderdale Forum 50 Plus Pub Quiz #2
1. What was the first name of the Spanish artist Dali?
2. Mont Blanc is the highest mountain in which European mountain range?
3. How many days are there in February in a leap year?
4. Which mode of transport has parts called an envelope, burner and basket?
5. If something is done in a clandestine way, how is it done?
6. Give the four initials of the organisation responsible for maintaining a database of
drivers in Great Britain?
7. In the Second World War what was the German equivalent of the RAF?
8. Which dance move, in which the dancer moves backwards, was made popular by
9. Which large animal’s name comes from the ancient Greek words for "river horse"?
10. What’s the name of the historical embroidered long cloth which depicts events
leading up to the Battle of Hastings?
11. What colour is the circle on the Japanese flag?
12. If a letter of the alphabet is not a vowel, what must it be instead?
13. What was originally considered to be the ninth planet from the Sun but after 1992
had its status as a large planet changed?
14. How many teeth does an adult have?
15. Which 13th-century Scottish warrior was played by Mel Gibson in the film
16. Not including jokers, how many cards are there in a complete pack of playing cards?
17. Which sport is played on a lawn and involves hitting plastic or wooden balls with a
mallet through hoops?
18. By which three letter abbreviation do we better know the name given to the genetic
instructions of all known living organisms?
19. Name the only American president to resign from office?
20. Which gas is balloon gas, which is used to fill party balloons that float in the air?
Answers below – scroll down to see them:
Answers Pub Quiz #2:
2. The Alps
4. A hot air balloon
10. Bayeux Tapestry
12. A consonant
15. William Wallace
19. President Nixon