Friday 12 to Sunday 21 July 2019 is #LoveParksWeek and Calderdale Council are encouraging you to use their many parks by giving you a different reason each day to get out & enjoy your favourite Calderdale park!
Your open & green spaces offer wildlife, beautiful surroundings, games, sports and more.
Discover Jungle Experience in award winning Manor Heath Park, Explore the beautifully restored grounds at Shibden or enjoy the beautiful flowers at Wellhome Park.
Calderdale boasts a unique landscape and rich heritage which is reflected in the regions’ Parks and Open Spaces.
Open and green spaces have so much to offer from enjoying wildlife and relaxing in beautiful surroundings, to taking part in games and sports.
There is such a variety of things to do and see in Calderdale’s many parks:
- Boating on the lake at Shibden
- Skateboarding at Calder Holmes, Hebden Bridge
- Exploring the ‘Jungle Experience’ at Manor Heath
- Visit the birds and snakes at Centre Vale
- Enjoy the beauty of the flowers at Wellholme Park
- Discover the heritage at Peoples Park