Calderdale Council’s Shared Lives service offers short breaks, long-term care and daytime support for people who need extra help in their lives. Their carers give this help in their own home or in the home of the person they are caring for.
Everyone gets something out of it:
- adults in need:
- get a welcome break in a friendly environment;
- meet new people;
- enjoy different experiences;
- and keep their independence;
- families get a break and a little time to themselves.
- carers get the satisfaction of knowing they are making a difference.
This service offers:
- the best possible care;
- the type of care that people really want;
- and quality care that matches individual circumstances and assessed needs.
At times, a stay away from home or a regular day out is the ideal option. It can also give family carers a welcome break. If care is needed for a longer period of time, Shared Lives offers that too. It is a great way of letting people live independent lives with the security of having qualified support on hand.
To benefit from this service you will be assessed, taking into account any special requirements you may have, and to make sure the service can meet your needs.