West Yorkshire Fire Service has a good website on which it carries much information about their activities and the way it operate.
their main piece of advice on fire safety at home is to keep on top of your Smoke Alarm Maintenance. In West Yorkshire, 29% of smoke alarms fail to operate, mostly because of missing or flat batteries. Test the batteries in your smoke alarm every week, it could save your life.
Their website also includes a section of advice videos and leaflets: http://www.westyorksfire.gov.uk/your-safety/
Here are links to their main advice leaflets
- At Home
- Fire Alarms
- In Buildings – Building Regulations
- In Buildings – Care/Childcare/Sanctuary Homes (Commercial & Domestic)
- In Buildings – Commercial/Industrial, Hotels, Shops & Offices
- In Buildings – Rented Accomodation
- Petrol (General)
- Petrol Stations
- Supporting Business – Employees
- Supporting Business – Employers