A charity formed over 150 years ago, Independent Age is dedicated to helping older people. Thye now have a really well-written and informative web-site which is always worth a visit for advice and information.
We were interested to see their top 8 questions they are most frequently asked and they pretty much sum up the cares and concerns of many older people and their relatives –
Questions Independent Age get asked most
- Are there any benefits I can apply for?
- My benefits have gone down and I don’t know why.
- I’m selling my home. Will this affect my benefits?
- I need to find a care home – where do I start?
- What happens when I’m discharged from hospital?
- Do I have to sell my home to pay care home fees?
- Why am I being charged top-up fees?
- I’m struggling to live at home. Can I get help?