Here’s more up to date info on avoiding ‘Scams and Frauds’ written by the West Yorkshire Trading Standards SAFER project. Download the latest SAFER Newsletter for lots more on the latest scams and how to avoid them.
Is it really your bank calling?
Fraudsters can be convincing and claim to be your bank. They may say there has been some fraudulent transactions on your account, or even request you transfer monies for safety, here’s how to stay SAFE…
Remember your bank will NEVER:
* Ask for your PIN or online passwords,
* Send someone to your home to collect your debit card and PIN, cash or anything else relating to your bank account,
* Ask you transfer funds to an account which has been set up in your name,
* Ask you to email or text personal information,
* Send you an email with a link to a website that asks you to input your personal information.
If in doubt check it out – ring your bank on the number from your bank statement or on the back of your card.