When you reach the age of 70, you’ll have to renew your driving licence if you want to continue driving. If you allow your licence to expire, you will no longer be able to drive, however, the DVLA, who issue licences, will send you a form to fill in 90 days before your 70th birthday.
Age UK have published a new guide to driving after 70 and they cover the subject in detail, making it easy for you to make informed decisions about your future driving ambitions.
Amongst the topics they cover are:
- How to renew your licence at 70
- What to do if you have a health condition that affects your driving
- How to assess your driving ability
- How to get a Blue Badge for disabled parking
- Adjusting to life after you give up driving
Read the full article on the Age UK website