Since 1779, The Piece Hall has stood proudly at the heart of Halifax. Originally built to support the trading of ‘pieces’ of cloth, it has been a meeting point of Halifax’s commercial, civic and cultural life for almost 250 years.
The Piece Hall is currently undergoing a £19 million conservation and transformation programme. The work is being carried out by Graham Construction with funding from Calderdale Council and a significant investment of £7 million from the Heritage Lottery Fund, with additional support from Garfield Weston Foundation and The Wolfson Foundation.
On reopening, The Piece Hall will be operated by an independent body, the newly formed charity The Piece Hall Trust.
Keep up to date with the project and view lots of images of how the building will look upon completion of their website: www.thepiecehall.co.uk