Diabetes Educator/ Holistic Therapy Advice:
Book your half an hour appointment with Jaspreet if you wish to have further information regarding Type 2 diabetes or holistic therapy if you are dealing with stress/ anxiety/ depression. Please book an appointment in accordance to your surgery – if you are not a patient at either surgery mentioned below please book at the Women’s Activity Centre.
Every Monday 9-3pm at Womens Activity Centre
Hope Mill, Hope Street, HX1 5DW
Contact number: 01422 252 447
Every Tuesday: 9-2pm at Spring Hall Surgery
173 Spring Hall Lane, Halifax HX1 4JG
Contact number: 01422 349501
Every Wednesday 1.15-5.15pm at Horne Street Surgery
Horne Street, Halifax, HX1 5UA
Contact number: 01422 357 333
30 Minute appointments will entail:
– What is type 2 diabetes?
– The causes and preventing methods
– Diet change; natural insulin food you should be eating
– Increasing physical activity; FREE PEDOMETER with each appointment
– Weight/ blood pressure monitored
– Overview of current diabetes medication
– Encouraging self management
– Session offered in PUNJABI or ENGLISH
– Holistic therapies available for dealing with stress/ anxiety/ depression. NOT funded
through NHS – only advice will be given of what may be beneficial to improve mental
state alongside what your GP has already recommended.