Public Health England have published a detailed “Health Profile” for the year 2016 for Calderdale. Some of the headline findings include:
- About 20% (8,200) of children live in low income families.
- Life expectancy for both men and women is lower than the England average.
- Life expectancy is 9.0 years lower for men and 10.2 years lower for women in the most deprived areas of Calderdale than in the least deprived areas.
- The rate of alcohol-related harm hospital stays is 596*, better than the average for England.
- The rate of smoking related deaths is 319*,worse than the average for England.
- The rate of people killed and seriously injured on roads is worse than average.
Local priorities – Priorities in Calderdale include tackling health inequalities, obesity, physical activity, tobacco, and air quality.
Download the full report here: Calderdale Health Profile 2016(pdf file)