Calderdale has a large number of individuals, groups and organisations that contribute to wellbeing of the Borough. These individuals, groups and organisations provide services, activities, information and support, identify local concerns and challenge the council to take action.
The presentation of Calderdale Council Citizen Celebration Award will promote civic pride, provide public recognition for the work of individuals, groups and organisations in their community and foster pride in the many people who live, work and visit Calderdale. It will also create an opportunity to bring people together share and celebrate the many contributions to our civic pride.
The Citizen Celebration Award will be awarded to an individual, couple, group or organisation that have :
· undertaken outstanding voluntary work over a long period
· contributed to improving and making a difference in their community
· been an exceptional neighbour
To encourage and enable participation in the award it is being promoted in each ward through Ward Forums, partner organisations, councillors and local networks.
How will it Work
- Nominated forms will need to be completed; they are available in hard copy and via email.
- Each ward will hold a Citizen of the Year Celebration award event linked with their Ward Forum.
- The winner will then go through to the Calderdale Citizen of the Year Celebration Award.
- Ward Councillors will work with Neighbourhood Team to judge nominations in their area and put the winner forward to the Calderdale Citizen of the Year Celebration Award.
- The Calderdale Citizen of the Year Celebration Award will be held in Halifax Town Hall on an annual basis. This will promote civic pride and bring people from different wards, groups and organisations together.
- The Citizen of the Year award will be judged by the Civic Advisory Group and awarded by the Mayor.
- All the nominees will be presented with a Citizen of the Year Award Certificate and the winner will receive a small trophy.
- The Calderdale winner will receive a framed certificate, trophy and a contribution of £250 to a community initiative.
Citizen Nomination Form 2015 (Word File)