Healthy Minds is Calderdale’s only independent mental-health charity. They organise a range of events such as walks and music evenings. They also run a number of support groups in the area.
Support Groups with Healthy Minds
- Self-Harm Support Group: 12.30pm-2.30pm: Every 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month at The Victoria Theatre, 2 Fountain Street, Halifax, HX1 1BP. This Group is open to men and women
- Chronic Pain Support Group – emotional support for people experiencing long term pain – 11.00am-1.00pm Every Thursday of the month at Noah’s Ark Centre, Halifax
- Mum Time Support Group for mums of babies and young children: 1pm-2.45pm Every 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month at Women Centre, 23 Silver Street, Halifax, HX1 1JN
- Hearing Voices Group 12.30-2pm. Every 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month at VAC, Hall Street, HX1 5AY Wellbeing Works Group 2pm-4pm. Every 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month at St Pauls Church, Tower Hill, Sowerby Bridge, HX6 2EQ
- Mind Your Head, Wellbeing Support Groups for Men – 12.30-2.30pm Every 2nd Wednesday month at Halifax, Victoria Theatre, HX1 1BP Every 4th Wednesday month at Hebden Bridge, HX7 7BY
Full details can be found on their website: www.healthymindscalderdale.co.uk